My son talks as much as I do….my eldest one….
he talks, and talks and talks….
Some of his talking includes the following traits
1. Asking a question and then immediately repeating it, so there is no time to answer (sometimes including frustration that the parent is not answering quick enough)
2. Talking too much in class (of course)
3. Waking me up in the middle of the night to say something that is REALLY important to tell me…usually something we just remembered about school. (although his father does that too)
4. Asking for explanations…(this is beyond the why? stage) where everything needs to
Defensive tactics for Sir Talksalot include
1. Not even trying to answer…or pretending that we didn’t hear the question
2. Reminding him not to talk as much, trying to think of quiet activities to do instead of talking
3. ….ugh…finally I usually tell him that its sleeping time, not talking time….
4. Telling him we don’t know…at the go, it doesn’t work to say that partially in…
5. Take time out of the day and make sure to pay full attention and talk directly with him at some point during the day!